I was super skeptical, but super amazed when this one really worked! I was surprised though because I thought the potatoes would be moist and/or super soggy. These were perfect...just the same as baking them in the oven! I made 8 potatoes in the crockpot, and just before eating them I very easily removed the tinfoil and placed them back in the crockpot. Everyone could dish up as many as they wanted and fix them up with whatever they wanted. I set out butter, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon. You seriously can not get any easier than this. They are the perfect side item to your next potluck party! :)
Up to 8 potatoes can fit in a large crockpot. I bought the potatoes from the prepackaged 5 pound bag at the grocery store. These are a bit smaller than the ones use can choose to pick from in the bin from the produce section. I scrubbed the potatoes the night before and left them out to dry. You want your potatoes to be completely dry before wrapping them in tinfoil. When ready, wrap each potato in tinfoil and cook on low for 8 hours. Unwrap each potato by holding it with one hand using a pot holder. Use a tongs with the other hand so you do not burn yourself. Place the potatoes back in the crockpot and allow guests to serve themselves immediately.
There is NO need to spray your crockpot with cooking spray or add any water. Keeping it dry will insure that they will cook up just like they do in the oven. Oh, and DON'T prick your potatoes beforehand either. If you do, I read that they can turn yellow on the inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment