Monday, August 22, 2011

Molten Lava Chocolate Chip Cookie


You have heard of the Molten Lava chocolate cake, right? If not, check out my recipe in the 'cakes' folder. This is the same idea but these are made with my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough. These are AMAZING!!! If you don't have small ramekins, maybe this will convince you to buy some...soon! The center of these are like a dream come true in the cookie world. The outside is chewy and slightly crisp, but the inside is baked but still gooey and well just plain out-of-this-world! :) I made these one evening, and only baked two of them. I covered and refrigerated the remaining four. The next day, I removed them from the fridge 30 minutes before baking and they turned out just as good as the day before. They needed a couple of extra minutes in the oven because the dough was cooler, but they were still perfect. It is nice to know you can plan ahead for these!

Cookie recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

**You must measure these ingredients with a kitchen scale or I cannot promise they will turn out.

2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (10 5/8 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled for 20 minutes until warm
1 cup packed (7 ounces) light brown sugar
1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Adjust the oven racks to the middle position and heat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour six 6oz. ramekins.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Either by hand or with an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in the chips to taste.
4. Place batter half way up in each ramekin. This amount of batter allowed me to fill my six ramekins, but I still had a little leftover. I made 11 cookies with the leftover cookie dough.
5. Bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of your ramekin. I used 6oz. ramekins and I baked mine for 20 minutes.

1 comment: