
These were super easy and very good! I made them with a lasagna for Nate's birthday and they were all eaten. I served them beside a 1 1/2 quart crockpot filled with a couple cans of my favorite pizza sauce. They were perfect, and I will definitely make them again.
Recipe from Mommy's Kitchen
1 1/2 cup hot water (05-115 degrees)
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup non fat dry milk
1 tablespoon yeast
3 cup flour (bread flour or all purpose - I used all purpose, but I ended up needing a total of 4 cups)
1/3 cup melted butter, divided
Topping of your choice: Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, oregano, etc.
Dipping Sauce of your choice: Pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, Marinara sauce, etc.
Dissolve sugar, salt and dry milk in hot water in your electric mixer bowl. Add enough flour (1 cup) to make a soupy mixture. Add the yeast and stir well with paddle attachment. Then add the rest of the flour, enough to form a moderately stiff dough (I ended up needing 4 cups before my dough would pull away from the sides of the bowl). Knead the dough until smooth (I switched to the dough hook and kneading on medium speed for about 4-5 minutes). Roll dough into a rectangular shape on a lightly floured surface the size of your baking pan (I think my pan was an 11x17 inch - anything around that size would be fine). Spread half of the butter onto the baking pan, then carefully lift and place your dough into the pan and spread the remaining butter on top of the dough. Top the bread sticks with garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, oregano or whatever you want. (I sprinkled Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.) Cut the dough into bread sticks with a pizza cutter and let raise for 10-15 min (I cut mine all the way to the edge of the pan and then stopped. It helped keep the dough together. When they were finished baking, I cut them apart the rest of the way). Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 25 min.
No comments:
Post a Comment