
This soup is so heavenly!!! It is absolutely perfect in every way, and I would not change a thing! I ate a very light breakfast and lunch and did exercises while dancing with the kids today because I knew I would be having this soup for dinner. It isn't exactly healthy, but oh so worth the extra sit-ups you need to do to work it off. :)
Recipe from Mommy's Kitchen
4 large or 6 small baking potatoes
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup all purpose flour
4 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
12 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled, save some for topping
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese and extra for topping
1/2 cup chopped green onions for topping
1 8oz container sour cream - Lite
Bake potatoes in the oven or microwave (I baked mine at 425 degrees for 55 minutes - prick with a fork first). Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks.
Cook bacon in the oven 400 degrees on baking sheet lined with tin foil until crispy (7-10 minutes, flip, and then another 5-7 minutes). Crumble and set aside.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a roux. Cook about one minute stirring constantly. Gradually pour in the chicken broth and milk while stirring. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook while whisking the soup until it starts to thicken. Add the potatoes, salt, pepper, bacon and cheese. Stir well and continue to heat for about 15 minutes allowing the flavors to blend. Mix in sour cream until well blended. Serve immediately. Garnish with green onions, additional bacon and shredded cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment