I saw a version of this salad at a nearby restaurant's salad bar. I thought I would make my own version using the cold chicken salad sandwich recipe I already had. This salad is definitely one of our favorites! I packed this so many times in ET and Jay's lunch this year.
Approx. 4 cups of cooked Wild Rice (I usually make an entire small bag of it)
1 whole Rotisserie Chicken (chicken removed and cut up)
4-6 stalks Celery, Chopped (no need to be precise, just to your liking)
a whole bunch of Green Onions, Chopped
A handful (or two) of craisins
2-3 Cups purple Grapes
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup Plain Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
Salt and Pepper To Taste
With your fingers or a fork, pull all of the chicken off the bones, chop into bite-sized chunks and set aside. Cook the wild rice according to the directions on the bag and add to the chicken.
Chop all of your celery and green onions and place them in a bowl with the chicken. Add craisins and washed grapes.
In another bowl mix mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
When
the dressing tastes just right, pour it over the salad
mixture and stir gently until everything is thoroughly mixed.
Allow the salad to chill for several hours (or even overnight). Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment