Lately my new favorite breakfast has been oatmeal. I absolutely love how filling, healthy and versatile it is! Here are a few of my favorite ways to make it...
This is a 1/2 - 2/3 cups traditional rolled oats mixed with 1 - 1 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. I heat it until almost boiling, and then lower heat to medium and cook for five minutes. I pour the oats in a bowl and top with a small amount of yogurt, frozen blueberries, and sometimes a bit of granola! YUM!
Here I made the oats the same way, but I added a half of a banana while it was cooking. The banana melts and whips in with the oatmeal. I pour the cooked banana and oats into a bowl and top with a tablespoon of peanut butter and sometimes a few mini chocolate chips.
Another way I like to make it is without the banana and top it with peanut butter and a bit of raw organic coconut butter (Artisana brand).
I am so much happier making oatmeal this way. No microwave, no adder fillers, and NO added sugar! There are a ton of other things you could add...mixed berries, cinnamon, nutella, etc. I love the possibilities!


No comments:
Post a Comment