Thursday, June 28, 2012

Oven Baked Potato Chips!

I had some leftover red potatoes from a recipe I made recently and I didn't want to throw them out.  So instead I used them for this creative recipe.  These were yummy and perfectly done!

Recipe from Simply Recipes

Ingredients:
4 Russet (baking) potatoes, peeled and sliced diagonally 1/8 inch thick.  (I just used my leftover baby red potatoes)
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter, melted (I found I didn't need this much)
Cracked sea salt, and peppercorn to taste

Use a mandolin if you have one to help cut the potatoes in thin, even slices.  Pay the potatoes dry between paper towels and arrange them in one layer on 2 buttered cookie sheets (I only needed one cookie sheet, and I lined it with tin-foil, and then sprayed the tin-foil with cooking oil). Brush the potatoes with the melted butter, and sprinkle them with the salt and pepper.  Bake them in a preheated 500°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. 





No comments:

Post a Comment