Peanut butter blossoms with chocolate hearts!

When making these cookies, I always use the Betty Crocker pouch mix. It is so fast and easy and they taste perfect! Word of advice...Use the Hershey's chocolate hearts and not the Dove brand. The Dove chocolate hearts have the word "Dove" stamped on the top of each heart (not the look I wanted).
Chocolate covered rice krispie treats!

These are covered with Ambrosia chocolate from Roundy's! Yum! (Ambrosia is only found around the Christmas season...I stock up for the year at this time.) You can use any melted chocolate for these though. Another word of advice...use a metal cookie cutter when cutting these. They are not too hard to cut, or get your stick through, but a plastic cookie cutter would make it even more difficult.
* I doubled this recipe and made two pans. Each 9x13 pan gave me six large hearts.
Recipe from Kellogg
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz.) regular sized marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
1. Measure rice krispies in a large bowl and set aside. Butter a 9x13 pan and set side.
2.In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Pour the melted marshmallows over the rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with butter. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares or hearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment