Friday, August 5, 2011

Bowtie Chicken Salad


This is one of my new favorites! I will definitely be making this one for years to come. :) The dressing is sweet and perfectly creamy and the blend of ingredients in the salad are perfect!

Recipe from Food.com

Salad:
4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced (I used about 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts)
6 cups bow tie pasta, cooked al-dente (I used the whole 16oz. box)
1 1/2 cups green grapes, sliced in half (I didn't exactly measure the grapes)
1 1/2 cups red grapes, sliced in half
2 cups celery, thinly sliced (I used 6 long stalks)
1/2 cup scallion, thinly sliced (I used an entire bunch of green onions)
2 cups cashews, whole and halves (I didn't measure exactly)
2 cups craisins (dried cranberries) (I didn't measure exactly)


Dressing:
1 (16 ounce) bottle hidden valley brand coleslaw dressing (I used Kraft because that was all I could find...we still loved it)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Hellman's with Olive Oil)
1/2 cup Miracle Whip

Directions:
1. In a large bowl mix all salad ingredients together, except cashews.
2. Whip together Dressing ingredients. Toss dressing with the mixture in the large bowl.
3. Let this mixture marinate in the fridge for 12-24 hours (I did not have time for this, and it still tasted great. However I did have my dressing ingredients already refrigerated and I tossed the pasta with cold water, so it didn't need a lot of time to chill in the fridge).
4. Mix in cashews just before serving. Serve cold.

1 comment: