Thursday, March 3, 2011

Roasted Parmesan Asparagus


Asparagus is by far my favorite vegetable. After finding this recipe, I'm not sure I will make it any other way again. This was gooood!

Recipe from Tidy Mom

Just a few simple steps:
Preheat Oven to 400°

1. Cut off about an inch from the bottom on the stalks.
2. Lay asparagus in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
3. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and toss asparagus to evenly distribute the oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper (I used crushed sea salt and fresh crushed black peppercorn).
4. Place in oven to roast for approximately 10 min. – thinner asparagus may need less time. I just guess the thinner ones like above I only roast for about 7-8 minutes but when I get the big fat ones I roast them for the full 10 minutes
5. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven for one to two minutes until the cheese melts and turns a little brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment