Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pistachio Pudding Salad


This salad is a classic and truly one of my favorites. I think this recipe is perfect just the way it is, but I have seen many variations. Some recipes will not call for cottage cheese. I think the small amount of cottage cheese is great. It does not at all take away from the sweetness of the salad. It just adds a bit of a tapioca type texture to it.

Recipe from 101 Things to Do With a Salad

1 small box of instant pistachio pudding mix
1 can (8oz.) crushed pineapple, with juice
1 container (8oz.) cool whip, thawed - I used Lite
2-3 cups mini marshmallows (I probably used closer to three)
1 cup cottage cheese

Combine pudding mix and pineapple with juice together in a bowl. Stir in whipped topping, marshmallows, and cottage cheese. Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving. Makes 6-8 servings.

*You can choose to leave the marshmallows out, and stir in just before serving if you want them more firm. I prefer them more fluffy, so I do not wait to add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment