
The kids and I LOVE this recipe!!! It is perfect for kids or even as an appetizer. It is so simple to throw together and it tastes and looks amazing. The pizza bites are sprinkled with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese so they taste like a stuffed bread-stick. Mmmm! The recipe is from Annie's Eat's and is made with homemade pizza crust. I just truly feel pizza should be one of the easy dinners we can prepare for our family, so therefore you will not catch me making homemade pizza crusts. I saw a comment on Annie's site that someone used store bought pizza crust and so I thought I would give it a try. You don't have to be perfect when measuring your cheese, or dough for each pizza bite. Also, if you have any dough scraps, just knead them together and roll it out again.
Recipe from Annie's Eats
1 tube Pillsbury pizza crust (found in the dairy next to the dinner rolls)
1 4oz. block of mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni slices
Pizza sauce for dipping
For topping:
Olive oil
Italian seasoning
Grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Cut your cheese into small squares. Divide the pizza dough into equal sized pieces, using a pizza cutter to cut your dough (my squares were roughly 2 3/4 inches - just slightly larger than the piece of pepperoni). Take one of the dough pieces, top with a small cube of cheese and a slice of pepperoni. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed (make sure it is pinched together well). Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes (I baked mine for 24 minutes), or until the tops are golden brown. Serve warm, with dipping sauce as desired.


No comments:
Post a Comment