Monday, October 4, 2010

Tator Tot Hotdish


This is a staple in our house. I know there are so many different versions of this dish, but this is our favorite. I think it is called the "Wisconsin" version because it is topped with cheese. I thought that to be kind of weird at first, being that is not how we had it growing up, but now I would never make it without.

1-2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 Yellow Onion
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (*I prefer to make my homemade cream based soup recipe instead of using the cans)
1 Can French Style Green Beans (I prefer to use a bag of frozen french style green beans - again it is best to stay away from cans)
1 Package Tator Tots
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheese

Brown beef with onion.
Mix Beef with soups and beans.
Place tator tots on bottom of greased baking dish. (My dish is larger than a 9x13)
Pour beef mixture on top of tator tots.

Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 1 hour.
Top evenly with shredded cheddar cheese and broil.

It doesn't look that great, but it so is!

No comments:

Post a Comment