I have been trying my hardest to get more sweet potatoes and squash into our diets lately. I came across this recipe and was very unsure if it would taste all right. Luckily this one was a success and I will definitely be making this one again soon! Recipe from Cook 4 Seasons
You’ll need:
About 6 large sweet potatoes
Bake the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil at 400 degrees for one hour or until soft when poked with a fork. Let cool a bit, and then peel and puree in a food processor. This will make the sweet potatoes taste like pudding! Set aside.
For the filling:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 summer squash, sliced into half moons (yellow zucchini)
2 zucchini, sliced into half-moons
2 7-oz jars of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
roughly 1 cup chopped greens – kale, chard, or spinach (I used baby spinach leaves)
roughly 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
2 lbs. all natural breakfast sausage, cooked in a skillet until browned and crumbled
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the squash and zucchini. Stir and cook lightly until fork tender.
Add in the artichoke hearts, spinach leaves, green onions, cooked sausage and seasonings.
Spoon the filling into prepared dish. Spread with mashed sweet potatoes.
Bake uncovered in the center of a hot oven (350 degrees) for 35 to 45 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment