I used to make my egg bake with a layer of crescent rolls, and top it off with way too much cheese. After making this new egg bake, I was so impressed and comforted knowing that I will never feel guilty after eating egg bake again! I just love how nutritious and colorful this dish is. You must try this!!!!!
Recipe from Multiply Delicious
Breakfast Casserole
1 pound breakfast sausage (I recommend a healthy sausage with no added ingredients!)
1 large sweet potato or 2 small, washed, peeled and diced into small cubes
3 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped (I just grabbed three handfuls)
2 green onions, sliced
12 large eggs, whisked
fresh cracked sea salt and fresh cracked peppercorn, to taste
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Prepare veggies. Dice sweet potatoes, chop spinach, and dice up green onion.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casing and
add sausage to skillet. Cook until browned and cooked through. Remove
sausage from skillet keeping the sausage grease. Add sweet potatoes to
grease and cook until tender, stir occasionally, about 10 to 15
minutes.
Remove sweet potatoes and place in bowl. Toss sweet potatoes with
spinach, green onion, and sausage until well combined.
Place the mixture into your prepared 9×13 glass dish, spreading evenly
across the bottom of the dish.
In another large bowl, whisk eggs. Pour egg mixture evenly over the sausage and veggie mixture in dish. Top with fresh cracked sea salt and fresh cracked peppercorn.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Cut into squares and serve.

No comments:
Post a Comment