I have always wanted to try this dessert at Applebee's. I happy to say, these did not disappoint. YUM!
Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything
**I doubled the Blondie recipe, and tripled the sauce recipe. I made the Blondies in a 9x13 pan.
Blondies:
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
Sauce:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and walnuts (pecans). Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and brown sugar with a mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture a little at a time until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips. Spread into the 8x8 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until center passes the toothpick test. I like mine a little on the gooey side. Remember right out of the oven they may seem gooey but once they cool they set up more.
- Serve warm with ice cream and Maple Butter Sauce.
- For the Maple Butter Sauce: In a small bowl add the butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and maple syrup. Blend with a mixer until smooth. Don't panic: it does not look like a sauce at this point.
- When ready to serve, heat the maple butter sauce for about 30 seconds in the microwave and pour over warmed Blondie and ice cream.
- Recipe adapted from http://www.recipesecrets.net/blog/recipes/copycat-applebees-walnut-blondie-with-maple-butter-sauce/

No comments:
Post a Comment