Thursday, February 9, 2012

Turkey Pasta Salad


I made this salad as a side dish for Nate's birthday party. It was delicious! The only strange thing about this salad is that is calls for champagne vinegar. Luckily, my good friend C could spot me some until I get a bottle of my own.

Recipe from C Love

Salad
1 lb. rotini pasta, or any pasta of your choice (I used wagon wheel because we were celebrating a car themed birthday)
1 1/2 - 2 c. cooked, diced turkey breast (I used one whole Jenni-o turkey breast - frozen to oven, and in the bag)
1 c. dried craisins
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4-6 celery stalks, diced
1 c. slivered almonds, toasted

Poppy seed Dressing
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. champagne vinegar
2 c. real mayo
2 T. cold water
2 T. poppy seeds
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

To make salad: Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse in cold water. Chill. Combine pasta, turkey, craisins, onion, celery and almonds.

To make dressing: Combine powdered sugar and vinegar. Add mayo, water, poppy seeds, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add to pasta mixture. Toss until pasta is coated with dressing. May be refrigerated up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment