Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Bake


This dish was passed on to me from a friend years ago, and I am shocked that I am just posting it now. It is one of my favorite at home Mexican dishes to make. It is even more perfect when it is smothered in Las Margarita's salsa! :)

This dish calls for cooked cubed chicken; however, my friend and I agree that using canned chicken saves a lot of time. Using canned chicken makes this dish easy enough to throw together after work!

Recipe from C Love

8 fajita size soft shell tortillas
2 T. Butter
1/2 of an onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup sliced black olives (I use way more than a 1/2 cup)
1 (4oz.) can diced green chilies, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I always end of using 2 cups)
1/4 cup milk

Remove tortillas from refrigerator. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In medium saucepan melt butter; saute onion & garlic in butter until tender. Stir in 1/2 of the olives (reserve other half for top), green chilies, sour cream & soup.; mix well. Set aside 3/4 cup of the soup mixture. To remaining sauce in pan, stir in chicken and 1/2 cup of cheese (again, I usually use more than a 1/2 cup).
Warm tortillas as directed on the package. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture; roll up. Place seam side down in greased 9x13 glass baking dish. In small bowl, combine reserved 3/4 cup soup mixture and milk; spoon over tortillas. Cover with remaining shredded cheese and black olives and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with fresh salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment