Normally, when I make cookies I used parchment paper. It is not too bad of a cost, because you can use the same parchment paper for the whole batch of cookies. Let it be known that I will never make cookies directly on a baking sheet. Althouh with the amount of cookies I tend to make, I feel like I am always buying parchment paper and that stuff can really add up in price. The Silpat is a non-stick mat used for baking that can be hand washed afterwards.
The verdict is in....
I LOVE IT!
Now I just need to buy a bigger one for my larger cookie sheet. Heads up to anyone who is interested though - you can get a Silpat that actually fits your rectangular baking sheet off of Amazon...for a much better price! :)
Introducing the best invention to cookies....THE SILPAT!

Parchment paper will still hold a place in my heart (and a dent in my wallet)...

I really questioned whether my cookies would bake up the same way they always do, but they truly did.

Completely non-stick and mess free!

I should probably write that I have no connection to the Silpat company what-so-ever. They are completely unaware that I am even writing this review.
So,here is my question(s) - do you love it more than using parchment paper? Or is it because you can re-use over and over again that makes it wonderful? I get rolls of parchment paper from my uncle (who works where it's made) and so the cost doesn't effect me but I really want to know if a Silpat is better!?
ReplyDelete