
I absolutely LOVE this activity! I made these for the kids at the daycare a couple weeks ago, and then again for Jay's side of the family. Once the tortillas are sugared and baked, they taste so good served alongside vanilla ice cream. I drizzled caramel over them, and they tasted a lot like a Mexican fried ice cream dessert!
These are a definite must try! :)
Recipe from Our Best Bites
flour tortillas (Fajita size works best)
melted butter (Spraying Pam works fine too)
coarse sugar sprinkles
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Warm tortillas in microwave until soft and pliable (about 15 seconds). Fold into quarters or eighths. Use scissors to cut out shapes and then unfold. Place tortillas on baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle tortillas with sugar sprinkles. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Cool until easy to handle and eat up. Eat plain or serve with vanilla ice cream (you could also dip them in yogurt, whipped cream, or fruit dip). Enjoy!


Super cute idea! I love it!
ReplyDelete