Thursday, December 1, 2011

Crockpot Beef Stew


I have officially perfected my beef stew recipe. This stew was simply amazing!!! Love, love, LOVE it!

Recipe adapted from All Recipes

2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
2/3 cups flour
1 tsp. seasoning salt
1 tsp. black pepper
approx. 2 T. Olive Oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cups beef broth
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced (I use frozen minced garlic cloves from Trader Joe's)
2 bay leaves (a couple extra if they are dry)
2 tsp. paprika
2 packets McCormick's Beef Stew Seasoning
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
5 whole carrots, sliced
3 celery ribs, chopped
approx. 2 cups frozen corn

Mix flour, seasoning salt, and pepper in a large Ziploc bag and mix together. Place meat in bag and shake to coat meat. Saute coated beef in olive oil until slightly browned. Add chopped onion to beef and continue to saute until onion is softened slightly. (I covered my skillet during part of this so as not to lose the moisture and burn the beef). Transfer onion and beef to crockpot. Add remaining ingredients (except corn) to crockpot and stir. Add corn to crockpot approx. 1 hour before serving. Cook on medium low for 10-12 hours.
I prepared everything the night before and just stuck the crockpot insert in the fridge. In the morning, I turned the crockpot on and let it sit all day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment