
I made these this weekend for the kids and their parents. In the package, I included chocolate dipped marshmallows, homemade hot cocoa mix, and candy cane biscotti. I was super impressed with how these all came together, and I look forward to passing them out. :)
*I am catching up on my posts, so be sure to read on...
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
Lollip Sticks
Bakers Brand Dipping Chococlate in the microwave container
Christmas colored Sprinkles
Pretty self explanatory here. I dipped mine and let them set on wax paper. This would be a perfect one to do with kids. You could also do it as a fun chocolate fondue with your kids one night. :)
Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
**Watch out...it will look like a powdered sugar tornado came through your house...or maybe I'm just messy. :)
*Consider doubling this when making plenty for gifts.
Yield: About 20 servings
3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder (I used regular)
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Working in two batches, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the chocolate is finely ground. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
2. To make hot cocoa, put 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk. Top with whipped cream or miniature marshmallows.
Candy Cane Biscotti Recipe from What's Megan Making
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
6 large eggs
5 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup finely crushed peppermint candy canes (about 16 candy canes)
White Chocolate for dipping (I used Vanilla Candy Quick)
Wilton Red Candy Melts for drizzling
Pre-Heat oven to 350°F. In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.Combine butter and sugar in large bowl and beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in crushed candy.
Divide dough into fourths on lightly floured surface with lightly floured hands. Shape each into 9x1 1/2-inch logs. Bake two logs at a time 3 inches apart onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are cracked and ends just start to turn light brown.
Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Cool logs 10 minutes on cookie sheet.
Carefully remove logs to cutting surface. Cut into 1/2-inch slices with sharp serrated knife diagonally. Arrange pieces on same cookie sheet, cut-side down. Continue baking for 10-12 minutes. Turn cookies to opposite side and bake again for 10-12 minutes (do not let cookies get too brown). Remove to wire cooling rack; cool completely.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in short intervals, then dip biscotti, and let set before drizzling red candy melts over the top. Sprinkle extra crushed candy canes on top if desired.




No comments:
Post a Comment