
These are INCREDIBLE!!!! Jay said they were the best he has ever had, and that I should not change a thing. I agree. You only need a fork when eating these, because the meat literally falls off, leaving the bone bare. I marinated these in a rub overnight and wrapped them completely with foil while they baked at low heat for three hours. Then I added my FAVORITE homemade honey BBQ sauce at the end. These ribs are sweet and spicy, but ET never complained about the spice. Seriously, don't give these too much thought...just plan on making them SOON! These are hands-down award winning ribs!
P.S. If ribs appeal to you, but you don't want the expense of buying baby back ribs, check out my recipe for boneless spare ribs in the crockpot folder! Both are great recipes.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
*This recipe is for 3 full racks of ribs. I only made two, so I just threw out the leftover rub and sauce. You can do the math and cut the recipe however you please.
3 racks baby rack ribs
Dry Rub (recipe below)
BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. (I got my ribs at Von Hanson's and asked them to remove this) *I suggest cutting each rack of ribs in half - you will have a hard time keeping them in one piece after they are cooked.*
Place one full rack of ribs on top of two sheets of heavy duty foil. Apply rub generously to the front and back of the ribs, patting gently to ensure the rub adheres. Fold and wrap foil around each rack. Let ribs marinate in refrigerator overnight.
Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place rib packs on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any juices that may leak. Cook ribs for 3 hours.
Heat the grill. Unwrap cooked ribs and transfer them carefully to the grill and brush with BBQ sauce. Grill for 5-10 minutes. Alternately, you can brush the ribs with BBQ sauce and cook them under the broiler in the oven. I needed to stick with the broiler, because they were so tender, I worried they would fall apart on the grill. Warning...they only needed a couple minutes under the broiler. Keep a close eye on them, so they do not burn.
Rub Ingredients:
4 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cups ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
4 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP liquid smoke
In a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and whisk well. Heat to a slow boil.
Cut ribs in half. Apply 1/3 of rub generously on both sides to each rack of ribs.

Wrap each rack of ribs completely with two layers of foil.

After three hours, unwrap ribs but keep them on the foil. Pour BBQ sauce on the top and broil for a few minutes.

There you have it...mouth watering ribs! So so easy!


No comments:
Post a Comment