Friday, July 1, 2011

Stained Glass Jello


This is a fun one you can do with white and any other colors. Next time I may just cut squares for the kids. I didn't end up with a lot of stars. I hope the kids don't also mind eating the scraps if they want any seconds. :)

Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

Yield: One 9×13-inch pan

4 boxes (3-ounces each) Jello (or store brand gelatin dessert) in different colors (I bought two red raspberries and two berry blues)
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
Water

1. For each flavor, dissolve one box of Jello in 1 cup of boiling water (I had two boxes of each color, so I dissolved both boxes of red in two cups of water,and then again with the blue in two cups of boiling water). Pour each color into separate 9x13 pans and chill at least 1 hour.

2. After chilling the flavors, cut them into small blocks.

3. Carefully mix the blocks in a clean 9×13-inch pan.

4. In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms, add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and let cool on your counter-top for at about an hour (very crucial - if not left to cool it will melt other colors once mixed together). Pour cooled milk mixture over Jello blocks in 9×13 pan. Skim off any small bubbles that are created when you pour the condensed milk on the Jello pieces. Chill overnight or at least 3 hours until firm.

5. Cut into blocks or shapes and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment