
My mom first made these vegetables for a get together last year, and I have made it several times since. The recipe is from my Williams-Sonoma grilling cookbook. The marinade is just a touch of something sweet and different. If the blend does not appeal to you, you can still just drizzle just plain olive oil, salt and pepper over your veggies and grill them up.
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (I used 1 1/2 tsp. dried)
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
*In the past I have also added a swirl or two of honey in the marinade (it was perfect).
Veggies of your choice (I like asparagus, zucchini, yellow squashes, and red pepper - you could even add eggplant.)
In a large bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add the vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Let marinade at room temperature for two hours, and drain just before grilling. Grill vegetables as long as desired.
No comments:
Post a Comment