Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Italian Pasta Salad


This is pretty much a classic dish that everyone knows about. This is how I make it...

1 Box of Rainbow Rotini Pasta
1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into small pieces
1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into small pieces
1 Bag of Pepperoni Bites
Grapes Tomatoes, sliced in half (I used about 2/3 of a container)
1 Can Medium Black Olives, sliced in half
1 Package String Cheese, cut into small half-moons
1 Bottle of Kraft Fat Free Zesty Italian Dressing (I am not usually a fan of fat free dressing, but this stuff is just as good as the regular)
4 T. Salad Seasoning

Cook pasta according the directions on the package and flush with cold water. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and chill thoroughly before serving (chilling overnight is not necessary, but at least for a few hours).

This seasoning is the most important part of the dish. On the back of the container it reads to use 4 tablespoons seasoning with 1 cup Italian dressing. I used more Italian dressing than that, but not more seasoning. Don't be alarmed by the call for 4 tablespoons, this stuff is not spicy at all. The ingredients in the seasoning are as follows: romano cheese, salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, paprika, garlic, celery seed, black pepper, and red pepper.

I am so excited about this new product!!!! These bite-sized pepperonis are perfect for salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment