
I was a skeptic of this recipe. A short while back I tried making a homemade French dressing and it definitely fell short of my expectations. When I came across this recipe, I thought "Why make homemade when it is so easily bought at the store?" However, being the adventurous one that I am (Ha!), I gave it a try anyways. I am happy to report it turned out great! The dressing is thick and creamy and packed with flavor. Also, we all know that homemade anything is better for you than store bought. So now it's your turn to try it...this dressing is as good, if not better than store bought ranch dressing! I would easily bring this to a potluck or make it again with any leftover buttermilk I may find in the fridge. :)
Recipe from Our Best Bites
*note that all spices/herbs listed below are dried. If substituting fresh, use the rules 1 part dry = 3 parts fresh.
1C mayo
2/3 C buttermilk
1/4 t white vinegar
1 t parsley
1/8 t dill
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1 1/2 t dried chives
1/8 t black pepper
1/4 t seasoned salt
1/8 t dry mustard
Combine mayo and buttermilk, and whisk together until it’s lump-free. Add in vinegar and all spices (I just shook everything together in my Tupperware container).
For best results, make ahead of time and store in the fridge so the dry herbs have time to let all their yummy flavors out.
FYI - This Tupperware container is one of my most important kitchen necessities. If you do not have one, I highly recommend ordering one! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment