
This is one of my favorite meals during the summertime! It is not difficult to make, but unfortunately I do not have the measurements down exactly.
Recipe from my MIL
1 Box of Pasta - I prefer the small shells
1 pack of chicken breasts or 1 Rotisserie Chicken
Frozen Peas
3/4 Onion, diced into small bits
Salt & Pepper to taste
Dash or two of Dill Weed (optional, but I love it!)
Colby Cheese, cut into small cubes
Miracle Whip, enough to coat everything (I usually buy the large container and work with that)
scant 1/2 cup sugar (Depends on how much Miracle whip you put in. The sugar is necessary to sweeten things up a bit)
Cook and drain pasta according to package directions, and then flush with cold water. Cook or debone the chicken and cut into small pieces.
Toss the pasta, chicken, onion, and peas together. Season with salt, pepper and dill and toss again. Throw in the cubed cheese and mix once more.
I like to mix the Miracle Whip and sugar together first and then coat the salad. You can coat the salad with Miracle Whip first and then add the sugar after, either way works fine.
Enjoy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment