
These win the award for being the most delicious, fun, and convenient dessert ever shared!!!! Who decided that? Well, I did of course. It's my blog, isn't it? :) Now who will give me a blue ribbon? I'm joking! Actually the ribbon should go to my friend C, because she spied this recipe and shared it with me. So yes, another copycat recipe, but like I always say, "I'm a cook, not a chef - I don't think up these recipes on my own. I copy them from only the best." :)
My friend C made these for the guests at my surprise appreciation party. Each one contains a graham cracker crust, a no-bake cheesecake (which tastes just like a baked - it is so thick and creamy), and a filling of choice. I made two batches recently. The first was a blueberry cheesecake. I made the blueberry pie filling from scratch, but honestly next time I will save the time and just buy a can of the stuff sold at the grocery stores. The second was a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake (contains no eggs) with a chocolate ganache topping. Mmmmm! I borrowed one pack of jars from C, but then I ended up buying my own pack after making the first batch. They are just so tasty that I know I will be making them again and again. The fact that the spoon is already attached, and the dessert does not need to be cut, scooped or placed on any plates makes it so fun and easy. We put them in the fridge at our friends garage and when people were ready they went and grabbed their own. So cool!
The labels came from Bakerella. You can always make your own label and have it read what type of cheesecake is in the jar. That way if you are making more than one variety, it makes it easy for people to choose what type they want. :)
The possibilities for these are endless...you can add whatever pie filling you desire, or hot fudge, heath bits, Oreos, caramel, etc.
Recipe from C Love
Yield: 12 cheesecakes made in 12 jelly sized jars (8 oz.)
Graham Cracker Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 T sugar
4 T melted unsalted butter
Combine all the crust ingredients and spoon into the bottom of each jar. I used my Pampered Chef mini tart tool to push the crumbs down tight.
*You could also crush up Oreos, or other cookies to make a variety of different crusts.
Cheesecake Filling:
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
1 envelope unflavored gelatin (Knox brand)
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese (3-8 oz bricks), softened to room temperature
3/4 c. sugar
pinch salt
1 1/4 c. heavy cream
In a small bowl, pour the 1/4 cup lemon juice and sprinkle the gelatin over the top; let it stand until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Microwave mixture until it is bubbling around the edges and the gelatin dissolves, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
In a large bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and salt until smooth and creamy, scraping down the side of the bowl, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the cream and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the gelatin mixture. Beat until the mixture is smooth and airy, about three minutes. Pour the filling into the jelly jars alternating with whatever additional filling you choose. Gently tap jar on counter to have filling settle well.
Cookie Dough Filling:
Unfortunately, this is obviously going to make much more than you need. For the leftovers, you can shape into balls and dip in chocolate for a truffle. I currently have the leftovers in my freezer.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy (3 minutes). Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Place small bits of dough a little at a time in the jar, while also filling your jar with cheesecake. I did two heaping tablespoons of cheesecake, then three mini cookie scoops (1 teaspoon each) of cookie dough, then 1 heaping tablespoon of cheesecake, and two more cookie balls, and then topped it off with a little more cheesecake. However you do it, save room for the chocolate ganache at the top and make sure your cookie dough is present enough that you get a little bit in each bite.
Chocolate Ganache:
1 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate)
1/2 cup heavy cream
Put chocolate chips in a small bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a small heavy saucepan. Immediately after cream reaches boil, pour cream evenly over chocolate. Let stand for one minute to soften, then stir until smooth. Pour over cheesecakes.
Chill at least three hours; better if overnight.
Blueberry Cheesecakes...
You can't see the top layer of blueberry glaze because the lid is covering it, but its there.

Chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecakes...
You can't see the top layer of ganache, but once again, it's there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment