Thursday, May 12, 2011

Grape Salad


My SIL brought this to a family gathering once. It fast becomes a pretty popular dish at a get together so if you haven't tried it, you must! It is grapes smothered in sugar and cream cheese...need I say more? YUM!

Recipe from Tammy

4 lbs. of grapes (I usually just buy one large bag of green and red)
1 8oz. block of cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
1 8oz. Sour Cream (I use Lite)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar

2 T. Brown Sugar

Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar. This mixture makes a lot - more than needed for 4 lbs. of grapes. Take about half of the mixture and add to grapes, and then add more as needed.
After all in mixed up, sprinkle the top with about 2 T. of brown sugar just before serving. You can also sprinkle with pecans (optional).


If you can resist from eating the remaining cream cheese sauce with a spoon, it is great for a fruit dip with strawberries or other fruits. (This small bowl was all that I had left after mixing it with the grapes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment