
These cookies exceeded my highest expectations! Jay (the one that doesn't usually agree with me when it comes to cookies) said that they were "out of this world," and I would have to agree. The cookies bake up shiny and cracked on the top, so it resembles the look of a brownie. They taste so soft and chocolaty, and they literally melt in your mouth! YUM! Do I say YUM too much? Too bad...YUM YUM YUM YUMMMY!!!!!
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
****If you are not a big fan of really dark chocolate, use 16 oz. semisweet chocolate instead of bittersweet, and 2 cups milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate chips.
Makes approximately 40 cookies
16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used the Baker's brand squares, and I did not chop mine before melting)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper of a silicone baking mat.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until completely melted and smooth.
3. In the meantime, stir together the eggs, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
5. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine well. Slowly add the dry ingredients, folding them into the batter. Once all of the flour is incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Let the batter set up a bit before scooping (a small cookie scoop’s worth - 1 heaping teaspoon approx.) onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are firm on the outside. Like brownies, do not overbake! Leave to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, and then transfer on a wire rack. Store in an airtight Tupperware container.

These were fantastic! I agree with Jay. Also, D said they were the best ever and wanted to make sure I got the recipe from you! :)
ReplyDelete