
I don't need to tell you how fun and delicious these little muffins taste. They are best eaten fresh from the oven. I prefer the cinnamon sugar ones, because they taste so so similar to the mini donuts you would get at a fair. The kids preferred the powdered sugar ones. :)
Recipe from Tidy Mom
***For a healthier version I use all whole wheat flour, and organic butter instead of oil (I may also try organic applesauce instead of oil). I also only dip the crown of each muffin in butter and sugar/cinnamon mixture. This is the way I will be making them from now on.
1-3/4 cup Flour
1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/3 cup Oil (I used Canola Oil)
3/4 cup White Sugar
1 whole Egg
3/4 cup Milk (I used skim milk)
FOR THE TOPPING:
1/4 cup Butter (4 Tablespoons)
1 cup White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°
Combine, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, and set aside. Mix oil, sugar, egg and milk, then added dry ingredients, mix just until blended.
Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray and fill each cup 1/2 full. Bake for 10-12 min. Yields about 36 mini muffins, so you will need to do 1 1/2 batches.
While muffins are baking melt butter in one bowl and let cool so you are able to touch it when rolling muffins. Mix 1 cup White Sugar and 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon in another bowl.
Remove muffins from oven, let cool for just a minute. Dip each muffin in the melted butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar. *Obviously, you can see I did half cinnamon sugar, and half powdered sugar. I DID NOT roll the powdered sugar muffins in butter first...there is no need to because the powdered sugar sticks when the muffin is warm, so I did these first.
Serve while still warm.



Taste Test: Mmmmmm! For me, cinnamon sugar won. For the kids, the powdered sugar won. Make them and judge for yourself, but like many have said before me..."I am not responsible for how many you eat!" :)
Those look great!
ReplyDeleteThe Deuce wanted me to check your blog for the carrot cake he had for a snack today. He loved it!