
A friend of mine made these for Christmas a couple of years ago, and she shared some with me. They are so so good, and they have one of my favorite ingredients in them. Can you guess what it is?
Yup! Sweetened condensed milk - YUM! It is even better when it is paired with chocolate. :)
I bought this silicone mold a while back thinking it would be great for truffles. However, the truffles ended up looking more like eggs. No problem...I just saved some Ambrosia chocolate in my freezer for this time of year. Now I have homemade coconut Easter eggs! :) I am telling you, these are soooooo delicious. They have a bit of crushed almonds in them, and so they taste very similar to an Almond Joy candy bar.

Recipe from C Love
4 T. butter (I used unsalted)
1 c. finely chopped almonds (I placed sliced almonds in a plastic bag and hit them with the back of a spoon to crush them)
14 oz. coconut flakes
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 - 5 cups powdered sugar (I used 5 cups)
Melt butter in microwave and add almonds. Add coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Once combined, slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency (you will need to knead it with your hands to work in all the sugar). Roll into one inch balls. Freeze until firm.
Dip in chocolate of your choice. I used Ambrosia chocolate...see information written in the post titled "Candy Bars" in the candy folder.
These turned out great!! So cute egg-shaped too!
ReplyDelete