
These were so tender and perfectly done. I make my own cream of chicken soup (see recipes under "soups" tab). Now I just need to find a great recipe for a homemade version of the Lipton Onion Soup mix.
Recipe from The Country Cook
4 Bone-in or boneless Pork Chops (I used 6 boneless, and did not change the amount of the other ingredients.)
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix (1 Oz. Packet)
1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
1 can (10.5 Oz) Cream Of Chicken Soup
1 envelope Dry Pork Gravy Mix (1 Oz. Packet)
Mashed Potatoes for the side (optional)
Place pork chops in slow cooker. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients and pour over chops. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove pork chops from the crockpot pot and cover with foil to prevent from getting cold while you thicken the gravy. Pour the juice from the crockpot into a sauce pan and bring to a slow boil. Thicken with any agent of your choice (flour mixed with milk/water, Wondra, cornstarch mixed with water - my mom used to use instant mashed potatoes flakes when she was in a pinch). I used about 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with a few tablespoons of water.
Serve with mashed potatoes to take advantage of all the yummy gravy.
Cook’s Note: I probably wouldn't go with a real thin cut pork chop. Also, you can try other cream soups, like cream of mushroom with this dish.
No comments:
Post a Comment