
Jay came home last week saying that a coworker of his had made these. He was just raving out them. Then a couple days later, I talked to a friend of mine who is the wife of another coworker of Jay's. She asked me if I had heard about the s'more cups. I laughed because Jay had raved about them so much. Well, I made them...and now I know what the big hype is all about. These are soooo good, and the size of them make them just plain dangerous to have around. You have to make a conscious effort to not pop them in your mouth like popcorn. I made them for the kids as an after lunch treat. It encouraged them to eat all their food and it was the perfect size for them. Then I gave one to each of the mom's when they picked up their child from daycare. There was 6 of us gathered around liking our lips and saying just how yummy these are. So make them! I'm sure you already have the ingredients on hand....go...now!
Recipe from Pampered Chef
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tbsp butter, melted
4 bars (1.55 oz or 43 g each) Hershey's milk chocolate candy bars, divided
12 large marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter in a bowl. Using a small scoop (I used my teaspoon cookie scoop), place scant scoop of crumb mixture in each cup of a greased mini-muffin pan. Press crumbs to form shallow cups with Mini-Tart Shaper (a tool purchased from Pampared Chef - you can just use your fingers, if you don't have one of these). Bake 4-5 minutes (I baked mine 4 minutes) or until edges are bubbling. Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles. Remove pan from oven; place one rectangle into each cup.
2. Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using kitchen shears dipped in cold water (this will help the marshmallow from sticking to the scissors). Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened (I baked mine for 2 minutes). Remove from oven, and cool for 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.
3. Break remaining candy bars and place in small bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute-11/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes-1 hour or until set. I refrigerated mine for a bit, but I did not serve them cold.
Yield: 24 cups
I was so excited to use my new tart shaper I had just purchased from Pampered Chef!

While the graham cracker crust is baking, get your Hershey bars and marshmallows ready...

Place one rectangle in each cup, while they are still warm...

Place half of a marshmallow in each cup. When you place the marshmallow on the chocolate, the chocolate will spread to edges of the cup. Bake again for another 2 minutes.

Here they are after baking for additional two minutes. I was really surprised how chewy the marshmallows still are, even after being baked.

Melt the remaining two candy bars and dip the top of each s'more cup in chocolate. Let chocolate cool and set before serving.
These were amazing! So cute and good!!
ReplyDelete