Saturday, January 15, 2011

Homemade Baked Jo-Jo's


These were super easy, healthy and well liked by the kids. They are just as tasty as the fried Jo-Jo's you can get at a restaurant, but so much better for you.

Recipe from Cooking for Kids

4 regular sized baking potatoes, washed (leave skin on), and cut lengthwise into 4 wedges
Pam Olive oil spray or Olive Oil (I used the spray)
1 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
4 T. grated Parmesan cheese
3 tsp. Italian seasoning
Dipping sauce (optional) - ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or seasoned sour cream

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Place washed and cut potato wedges on baking sheet. Spray cut sides of potatoes generously with cooking spray or toss with small amount of olive oil. Sprinkle wedges with salt.
In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Add potatoes, and toss lightly until potatoes are generously coated with crumb mixture. Place potatoes back on prepared sheet. Bake potatoes until browned and tender (cookbook called for 20 minutes, but mine took 40 minutes). Serve warm as dippers with sauce.

*The recipe also stated you can switch out the Italian seasoning for dill weed or dried oregano leaves. I am interested in trying the dill weed next time, but the Italian seasoning was great!

1 comment:

  1. I made these for night #2 of "Labor of Love Week" and they were so yummy! A nice twist on regular french fries which I like, and Autumn ate so many they are now called Autumn Jo Jo's at our house. Thanks for the tip on the cook time, mine were no where near 20 minutes but I planned for 40 :o) As always, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete