I welcomed some of my daycare moms on Friday with a "Happy Friday," and news that my coffeemaker had died. It didn't take long for them to notice the missing coffee mug that is usually glued to my hand every morning. They felt such sympathy for me that one mom told me I should have called her and she would have brought me some, and the other had said she would go pick me up a cup at Starbucks or Caribou! Of course, I declined, but how sweet of them! I guess we just all realize how important a good cup of coffee is to us in the morning. :)
While discussing it further with one of the moms, she told me about this coffeemaker she had purchased recently and how it makes a wonderful pot of coffee that does not get scorched as the pot sits on the warmer plate. That is because this coffeemaker does not have a traditional pot that you remove. You simply place your cup up to the dispenser and press the button, similar to a soda machine.
So I went shopping on Saturday for a new coffeemaker. Although I really wanted the coffeemaker the daycare mom was talking about, I was not prepared to drop a load of money on a new one. To my surprise I found the coffeemaker at Kohl's on sale for $60! I also had a coupon for an additional %15 off. I definitely thought that was a reasonable price and so I purchased it, and since then I have fallen in love. :)
Some of the other perks are...
"Using an insulated tank, this 12-cup coffee maker keeps coffee fresher longer with no hot plate to scorch coffee flavor. Versatile brewing gives you bold, regular, small batch or iced coffee settings. Coffee maker has an adjustable auto shutoff that is customizable from zero to four hours, as well as a programmable clock and timer."
In addition to this...drum-roll please...the coffeemaker will remind you it is time for cleaning every 30 cycles. And if that is not good enough, if you choose not to clean it after 30 cycles then, it also has a built in residue sensor! The word CLEAN will appear in the display when the unit senses residue buildup and remain illuminated until the unit has been cleaned. This is truly awesome! I know I will not forget to clean my coffeemaker now. :)
I know most coffeemakers have a programmable clock, so that you can prep your pot of coffee the night before. I however, have never had this on any of my other coffeemakers and making coffee in the morning was not one of my favorite things to do. Now, I just walk into my kitchen and I am welcomed with the scent of fresh brewed coffee. I grab my cup and simply press a button and whola! No more drippy messes or spills from my pot on my counter-top or hands. :)
Okay, so here are the pics of the Hamilton Beach Brew Station...


No comments:
Post a Comment