
I have tried many different tuna casseroles over the last few years. I have decided to settle on this one...hope it works for you. I added shredded cheese and crushed Lay's potato chips for the topping. That isn't exactly necessary, but tastes great and is okay to do every once in a while. :)
Recipe adapted from The Tasty Kitchen
1 12oz. package Egg Noodles (I use the Ronzini- Smart Taste Brand)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided (I prefer Sharp)
1/2 cup minced onion
1 4oz. can of mushrooms
2 5oz. cans of tuna in water, drained
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper, to taste
Topping:
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Crushed Regular Lay's Potato Chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
Cook pasta according to the directions on the package, drain and flush with water. Mix pasta with 1 cup cheese, 2 cans of soup, 1/2 cup minced onion, 4 oz. can mushrooms, 2 cans of tuna,1 cup peas, 1 cup corn, sour cream and salt/pepper. Pour mixed ingredients in the 9x13 pan. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and top evenly with remaining cup of shredded cheese and crushed potato chips. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment