Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mini Cheeseballs


I brought these to my family's Christmas celebration yesterday. They tasted great and were well liked by others. I chopped up green olives and mixed it in with the other ingredients. When I told everyone they had green olives in them, some of them assumed there would be a large whole olive surrounded by the cream cheese mixture. I think that is an even better idea, and I will do that next time.

2 8oz. blocks of reduced fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer Sharp)
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. dried minced onion
6 slices of deli sliced honey ham
half of a 5 oz. jar of traditional green olives stuffed with pimientos, chopped
Chopped pecans
Pretzel sticks
Crackers of your choice

Using a food processor, finely chop deli ham. In a stand mixer, blend cream cheese, ham, Worcestershire sauce, minced onion, shredded cheese, and chopped green olives. Chill mixture for at least an hour before rolling into balls.
Using a food processor again, finely grate chopped pecans. Roll cream cheese mixture into even balls (I used my 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop). Roll each cream cheese ball in grated pecans and chill once more. Just before serving, poke each ball with a pretzel stick and serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment