
I was so excited to try this bread out. I L-O-V-E eggnog around the holiday season, and so of course, when I saw this recipe I was more than ready to give it a whirl. If you love eggnog, you MUST try this bread. It is delicious and so moist! I love that the recipe calls for a packet of french vanilla instant pudding, and the glaze on top is powdered sugar mixed with eggnog - genius! It is also spiced with a little bit of nutmeg...you can't have eggnog without it. :)
Recipe from Mommy's Kitchen
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups eggnog
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tsp. rum extract
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 - small box (3.4oz.) instant french vanilla pudding
Eggnog Glaze
1 - Cup Powdered Sugar
Enough eggnog to make a glaze to drizzle over bread (I used 3-4 tablespoons)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of bread pan or mini loaf pans. Beat eggs, add sugar, eggnog, butter, rum and vanilla. In separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and french vanilla pudding. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until just moistened. Pour into greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes for large loaf or for about 20-25 minutes for mini loaves (I used a four mini loaf pan and it took mine 35 minutes to set in the center). Bread will be golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool bread completely. To make glaze mix 1 cup powdered sugar with enough eggnog to make a glaze. Drizzle over cooled loaves. Let glaze set before storing bread.

Looks divine! A must-try!
ReplyDelete