
This is such a good recipe. Not only does it taste incredible, but it is one I would even recommend making for quests. Pair this with a great salad, a french baguette, Italian dipping oil, and a great wine, and you will "wow" your guests! I know because I've done it! :)
8 Barilla brand Flat Lasagna Noodles (the blue box)
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
3 T. Butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 4oz. can of mushrooms, drained
1 4oz. jar of chopped pimientos, drained
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp. basil
Cottage Cheese (I don't measure this) - I use Old Home small curd (the blue container)
1 20oz. package of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded Parmesan Cheese (I don't measure this)
3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (I don't measure this)
Italian Panko bread crumbs
Bake chicken covered at 350 degrees for one hour. Cut chicken into small pieces.
Saute green pepper with onion and butter in frying pan until tender.
Stir onion and pepper with soup, mushrooms, pimientos, milk and basil.
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Lay four uncooked lasagna noodles in pan.
Pour half of soup mixture over noodles evenly.
Spread a thin layer of cottage cheese over mixture.
Top with half of cooked and diced chicken.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and then mozzarella shredded cheeses.
Repeat layers once more.
Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.
Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
Remove foil and broil top for a few minutes to brown and make slightly crisp.
We had my mom and brother over today, so I made this and it was a HUGE hit! Thanks!
ReplyDelete