Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots


These are so good! The first time I made these I made just one pound of carrots, but there seemed to be a lot of leftover glaze. So the second time I made these I increased the carrots to two pounds and kept the glaze ingredients the same and it was the perfect amount. My family loves vegetables, but I have never seen veggies get eaten up so fast before. :)

Recipe from Mommy's Kitchen

2 pounds fresh baby carrots or regular carrots cut into bite size pieces
4 T. butter
6 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt

Steam carrots with vegetable steamer for roughly 20 minutes (you will need to decide how crunchy or soft you want your carrots). Set carrots aside, cover and keep warm.
In a separate medium saucepan melt butter medium heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Simmer the mixture for about 1-2 minutes.
Add hot steamed carrots, stirring well to coat all the carrots. Simmer the mixture for just a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and serve when the carrots are shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment